The Top 12 Hits of 2012 for the Wood’s
1. In February we took our first big financial step as a couple and bought a house! We purchased a three bedroom, ranch style fixer-upper. We have spent the past year painting, reflooring, and making lists of all the other things we want to work on! Maybe next year we will remodel the kitchen…maybe!
2. In April we took a weekend getaway to the White Mountains with Nora & another couple from our church. It was a great weekend of hiking and enjoying the beautiful cool mountain air.
3. We enjoyed a trip of a lifetime to the other side of the world in June! We went on our belated, but much anticipated two-week honeymoon to New Zealand and the Cook Islands (Jason surprised Sarah with the island portion). It was beautiful!
4. During the first half of the year, Jason & I prepared to become Missional Community leaders in our church. After lots of reading, writing and an assessment we were vetted to become leaders in July!
5. We took another weekend trip to an old mining town, Bisbee, in July to refresh and refocus our goals for the rest of the year. It was a relaxing weekend of reading and connecting at a coffee shop.
6. We realized that we inadvertently created a family tradition in August after attending the season opener for the University of Arizona Wildcats for the third year in a row!
7. We attended three other football games this season and were able to be at the game the Wildcats destroyed Oklahoma State! Beardown!!!
8. We started our Missional community in September and we now have about 30 people walk through our doors every Thursday night! It’s always quite the event having people aged 0-55 at our house! Always a story to tell! We are so thankful to have this family to serve together with, learn about God with and live life with.
9. We were able to spend a week in Jason’s favorite Fall location, Madison, for training Jason had to complete for work. He was actually able to spend a total of about three weeks there to complete his 8th certification for Epic.
10. I spent a week back in Iowa visiting friends & family in October. It was so great to watch my brother catch for baseball and keep for soccer during his Senior year! (When did he get so old??!)
11. Jason’s involvement in Revolution’s leadership expanded in November when he joined the Elder team. We also are small group leaders for our student ministry called Rev Up. It’s been a busy Fall with all of the exciting things God is doing through our church in Tucson!
12. And finally, we are hoping and praying to expand the Wood family in 2013 (or beginning of 2014) through the gift of ADOPTION! Nora will love having little ones to play with! The past month God has been molding our hearts to change our plans of adoption to international! Be looking for an update in the next month of where and how God has brought us to this new adventure!