Today my handsome husband turns 29! In honor of his last birthday in his 20′s I want to list out the 29 reasons I love my husband (in no particular order):
1) His heart for knowing and loving Jesus more each day. I’m so blessed to have a husband who honors God with his life and with his words. I’ve loved watching him grow more like Christ over the past three years of knowing him!
2) He makes me smile and laugh every day-no matter what may be going on
3) His passion to help homeless. Two weeks ago, Jason came home after a late night grocery run with no shoes. He had met a homeless lady that wanted him to take her to the dollar store to buy some shoes, but Jason decided that he was just going to give her his. And they fit! At least once a month, Jason comes home with a story about how he has prayed with a homeless man, bought a homeless man a dinner, gave a homeless lady money or bought a bus ticket. His generosity and love for all people astounds me.
4) How he takes me on a weekly date night consistently. There has not been a week that we have missed connecting over a yummy dinner, either prepared by him or at a nice restaurant. He loves to pursue me and that still gives me goosebumps.
5) His love for art. I am not an art enthusiast, but I love watching Jason’s eyes light up when we go to the art museum. I find it endearing when he tries to explain to me different aspects of photographer in a way that I could understand it. I love that we can put his art up in our house to make our home even more personable.
6) His desire to stay healthy. In the past three years of knowing Jason I have seen his determination to stay healthy and active. Knowing his determination towards this goal ensures me that our family will always make healthy food choices and stay active.
7) His love for the outdoors. I love that we both share a passion for camping (even though we’ve only done it once together!). I’m excited for the memories we will make around a campfire as we camp with our family.
8) Who doesn’t love Jason’s beard?!!!
9) Jason is a great provider. I know that where ever life takes us and what ever job/career path he goes down, Jason will always make sure that our family is provided for.
10) He’s handsome
11) He is my own personal chef! The one thing about marriage that terrified me prior to meeting Jason was that I was going to have to cook every night. I hated cooking with a passion. God was merciful and gave me Jason as a husband. Jason loves to cook and I only cook maybe once a week. His food is so good…you should come over and try it some time!
12) I love that he wants to learn how to build and fix things around the house. When we remodeled our bathroom last month, I enjoyed watching him problem solve and figure out the plumbing!
13) Jason is the chief editor of this blog, in case you didn’t know. I run everything by him before I post it to make sure that my grammar is decent. I’m not showing him this one, so if they’re are typos you’ll understand
14) Jason encourages me to pursue my passions. He is my number one encourager with my blog. He gives me resources to help hone in my skills and he also encourages me to try other creative avenues, like sewing. He often pins sewing projects on Pinterest for me so that I can try my hand at a few things (still need to do that…)
15) I love going to the gym with him. It makes it so much easier to get my butt out of bed at 5:30 AM when I know that he’s going too.
16) I love that he is an extrovert and highly relational. I love people, but if I had it my way-I would be home reading a book with a cup of coffee or a glass of wine every night, but not so with Jason. He makes social gathering easy for me and usually quite enjoyable because he is by my side and can help me meet new people. He is also my “buffer” if I don’t want to talk too much, but still want to go out.
17) Jason can meet someone for the first time and make that person feel at “home” with him. I love that about him. It was one of the first things that I admired. He had to meet A LOT of people when we first started dating and he took it all like a champ and EVERYONE of my friends adored him. I liked that
18) I love that Jason is a great leader. Over the past year, he has grown leaps and bounds as a leader. Watching him lead our Missional Community makes me one proud wife I’m excited to see the other opportunities that will arise for him to grow and be used.
19) I have loved walking this journey of infertility and adoption WITH Jason. There’s no one else I would want by my side as we went through a year of failed pregnancies and negative tests. Outside of my relationship with Jesus, Jason was my rock through that season. Our relationship strengthened last year through that struggle, and that is grace.
20) I’m excited to see Jason as a dad. He is so good with our friends’ kids. They all love him to pieces and I know that our children will be blessed to have him as their daddy.
21) Have I mentioned that he’s hot?!
22) I love that he prays for me and that he leads me spiritually. Talking with him about theology and the way we live our lives because of it blesses my heart.
23) I’m so thankful he became a coffee drinker! I don’t know how I would have lived if he didn’t convert…
24) I love hiking the Tucson trails with him. I love biking the crazy Tucson roads with him. I just love doing things with him because he makes my life so fun!
25) I love that he’s really smart. And I mean wicked smart. I’m so glad that he will be able to help our children with math homework, otherwise our kids would have been doomed!
26) I’m so thankful that he is a good decision maker. I’m terrible at making decisions, which I think drives him a little batty, but he’s gracious and helps me problem solve and come to decisions…even when it’s over what type of ice cream!
27) Jason is a good friend. He’s a good friend to me and he’s a good friend to some men in our community.
28) Jason is kind, faithful, trustworthy, a hard worker, a strong believer in Jesus, loving, considerate, generous…I could go on and on-thankfully for you I only have one more reason
29) I love my husband, Jason, because he loves me. I couldn’t have imagined having a man like Jason to live the rest of my life with.